Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bout That Life

Yesterday was tough. But instead of me being Team In My Feelings, (I really was, I started crying while I was driving -cryving? when I was running errands, what tha heck???) I decided to focus on what I was grateful for instead. 




 I'm thankful that I am 43 and 24 year olds be asking about me. I get it now, Jennifer Lopez! I would never date him but it's still nice to know. #WhitePartyChronicles 
#StillPullingEm <======That made me laugh 


I am grateful for the ratchet song Flex Ooh Ooh Ooh by Rich Homie Quan. I.love.that.song. It speaks to my inner hoodrat e'em though I don't know half of what he's saying. I dance around and sing the parts that I know like I'm making a video. I'm also thankful that y'all are not judging me right now.


 I am immensely appreciative of words. When I see or hear a word that I enjoy it gives me a burst of joy like that first bite of bacon on a bacon sandwich. Churlish, cerebral, fodder (-I used this the other day!), cantankerous, segue, impromptu, and plethora makes the nerd in me clap my hands with glee. I won't allow my students to use words like "sad, mad, good or smart" in class because I tell them that they know more words than that. Those are baby words and they are banned in my class so I have them come up with more fitting synonyms.  



I almost didn't post these photos because my legs are not as toned as I would like them to be, but in the midst of operation gratitude I said to myself, "Self, you better post those photos. You pulling 24 year olds!" While in the midst of my sads yesterday, I was thankful that I still got my butt moving to the gym. 
Hey endorphins!

Shirt: Zara (On sale!)
Bracelets: Assorted
Shorts: DIY Levi's
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

We owe it to ourselves to take some time out of our day to admire the positivity in our lives. I am thankful to experience laugh out loud laughter daily, I am definitely bout that life. 

Tell me, what are you grateful for? Can't think of anything? You better have something or I'mma tell Gawd on you and He will NOT be pleased......

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
~William Arthur Ward

19 comments:

Style4Curves said...

You look more like 23 than 43 heck I won't even look like this at 33!! You look amazing!!!!!!!!

Candice said...

You are gorgeous and look fabulous in those shorts!

Concerned Educator said...

You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to step up my vocabulary game, thanks for this post. You look fab and I too dance like I'm in a video when a good "hood" song comes on.

Unknown said...

You definitely look amazing. Keep smiling!

Juanette said...

Awwww thank you Style4Curves! 😘

Juanette said...

Thank you Candice!

Juanette said...

Wow such kind words! I so appreciate the compliment!

Juanette said...

Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!

Juanette said...

Thank you so much Irene!

Unknown said...

Yesssss! I'm here for all of this. Fabulous.

Natasha B|fashionablyfab.com

Anonymous said...

Seeee I told you, you my friend in my head...lol!! I try my best to laugh every day!!! U look FAB as always love!!! Slay on those 24 year olds...������ I am grateful for life, health and strength and my family.

Law_Fal said...

You look bomb!!! And I definitely need to step up my gratitude because I've definitely been in my feelings hard core this summer.

Unknown said...

You are all that and then some!

Nikkipooh said...

I am so glad to read your posts!!! I was in withdrawal while you were gone!!! I am a word girl too!!! Sycophant was my latest and greatest. I used to do a word a day when I taught:) Today I am grateful for family and comfy shoes because standing on school floor tile for 3-4 hours in sandals ain't the bizness!!! Naw!!! Oh and them legs, quit playing with us talmbout they ain't toned!!!

Wedding Dresses Stores said...

Thank you for the collection that you have shared with us above .I really liked it so much and want to see such type of blogs more.

AiTi Nguyen said...

thời trang phái mạnh chuyên quần jean nam áo sơ mi nam

Unknown said...

Not sure if last comment took, but in a nutshell I would like to relay that as we all get older it's troubling to see so many still struggling with different issues.

For myself, reconnecting with God has really brought me back to center, if you will.

Minus this, I highly doubt I could weather the storm I'm currently in!

Keep moving forward and smiling, it really helps!

hellen said...

gorgeous look

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin