Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rules of Engagement



Two posts in one week!!! Who's awesome????


Let's talk about social media shall we? 
More specifically, how to win friends and influence people without being lame. 


Is Facebook the new Christian Blend, Matchbox dot com, Oodles of Cod, He'll Do Cupid, C Minus Harmony? I do not normally accept friend requests unless I know you #InRealLife or if we have a mutual friend I will ask them about you before I accept the request. So maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but is accepting a friend request a big deal? Is a friend request like a guy asking you out on a date and if I accept then we go together? Is it the equivalent of inviting a stranger into my home and they open my refrigerator and drink my root beer straight from the container? 
#INeedsToKnow
Let me find out Facebook has my photo on a 
Facebook Dating App or something......

Necklace: Dillards
Top: Zara (On sale)
Shorts: J.C. Penney
Bracelets: Various
Sandals: Guess


Also, why are people using so much punctuation in their posts? Does.it.become.more.important.if.you.use.a.period.after.each.word? 
And who has the time to do all of that??? One post could take half an hour! People out here using punctuation all willy nilly these days, like periods and commas don't mean NUTHIN to'em! 



So disrespectful.


I like Instagram because it's amusing to me and there's less room for people to mess up cuz it's photos. But unless taking pictures of food is your actual job, please stop. It just doesn't translate well on Instagram, even when you filter it. But if you MUST (because I know that some of y'all don't listen), at least make sure your food matches. Like peanut butter and jelly, bacon and eggs, those match, right? 
But no one wants to see your chocolate pudding and mustard on a waffle cone please.  


Also, if a woman tells a guy that she is an Instagram Model then she is probably a dude in real life. If you are a guy dating an Instagram model then you are just begging to appear on an episode of Catfish and I'll be home watching like "I tried to tell him through my blog." I also need to know how Instagram models get paid, and are there Instagram Model Scouts now? "Excuse me, maam? I saw your inappropriate photos on Instagram with the sepia filter and I love your look! Here's my card......"


Now of course social media is all in how you use it, I have met some of the best people I know courtesy of the internets. Yet nothing takes the place of that genuine human interaction 
(says the girl with the blog lol.) So put the phone down, get out and meet some people #InREALLife.

"

8 comments:

ElleX said...

Thank you for this post!!! Too true and I always love your classy humor!

Unknown said...

I'm so done with you! LOL

YoyosFashions said...

Lol. Love the top & necklace!!

Justme_Kellie said...

First of all, so glad you are blogging again! And second, I literally just received one of the most disgusting messages on Glide last night. Now, i've got a normal profile picture and this idiot sends me a lewd message. I think social media is good minus the nutcases, but so is the world, lol!

Ms. Tee said...

This post had me cracking up! So sad but very true...people have lost all sense of 'net etiquette!

Juanette said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Ok, I almost became an Instagram toe model. I posted my pedicure picture and got a dm to be a foot model on his page #nothankyou

Unknown said...

There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic,
but this is one is very helpful.
Nice article. This is so much more than I needed! But will all come in use thanks!
work dresses for women

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin